Friday, July 24, 2015

Last Minute Homework...

I'm really cutting it close with my homework for these MFT Summer School Challenges...just like a real college student.  LOL. 

This is my homework for the complementary colors lesson.  I didn't realize before this lesson that red and green were complementary colors!  I had a bit of an epiphany moment, so even though it's 90+ degrees outside, I decided to make a Christmas card.  I love MFT's stitched scallop borders!  I've been using them a lot!  I paired it with this gorgeous sentiment stamp from Grand Holiday Greetings and the card came together so quickly, I had enough time to complete the last lesson.



The only lesson I hadn't completed was the gallon, quart, pint color lesson.  This color theory suggests that one of the best ways to pair 3 colors is a lot of one color (a gallon) and good sized amount of the second color (quart) and a teensy bit of the third color (pint).  Am I the only one thinking about chocolate milk right now?  mmm.  LOL.  Here is my homework.



I used a gallon of blue, a quart of red, and a pint of yellow.  AND  I even managed to incorporate the primary colors!  Extra credit...? ;)

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi Erin, I'm so late looking at MFTs videos, but when I saw your card just now, I had to come over and leave you some love. Your cow and sweet little birdie CRACK me up!!! Great job! I would give you extra extra credit! ♥

Unknown said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.
clipping path

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin